I’m in a bit of a pickle. I got a lot of work done this week implementing the “trustless phased sync” design I covered as a presentation last week. So that’s fantastic. But it means that I really have very little user-visible stuff to demonstrate. I put off announcing this demo, hoping I’d have something frontend to add, but so far it’s all blank. Wish me luck!
Demo 10 - Backend Engineering
Broadcasted on 9-07-2014
Lots of changes to the the innards of DEJE, as trustless phases sync gets implemented piece by piece. There’s very little left that doesn’t dip into the actual Bitcoin part of things, which I’d been planning to hold off until the rest of the stack was more mature.
Unfortunately, this makes it a challenge to show off anything that’s “demo different.” I’ll give it a solid shot, though.
POST-BROADCAST UPDATE: I implemented that last js-deje item in the changelog, which was quick, but a big deal for functionality.
- djdns: Command line arg to override
- go-deje: Remove Quorums from code and documentation
- go-deje: Remove ‘Topic’ field from Document struct
- js-deje: Remove ‘topic’ and ‘quorums’ field from DejeDocument class
- go-deje: Determine tip without navigation
- js-deje: Request events from peers automatically
I really, really want to finally get a public djdns instance up, which people can play with from the comfort of their own homes.
EDIT: And that’s the plan!